Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day 2012- I think I'll just stay at home!

To get out and go vote or stay warm and comfy at home? 
Is that the question?
 
NO!
 
A few days ago, while out to eat, I overheard a conversation between two young adults. They were talking to each other while staring down at their "smart" phones. The first one asked the second, "Are you gonna vote next week?"  The second one replied, without missing a beat while she was texting, "I'm not sure, I think it will be too crowded. I wish I had an APP for that. It would be so much easier."
 
WHAT!!!!!! Did I just hear... "I wish there was an APP for that"!!!!
 
Someone gave their LIFE so that we can have the FREEDOM to VOTE!
 
In our world of smart phones and networking we have become so lazy to the things that actually matter. Yes, I enjoy my iPhone just as much as the next guy, but there are times when we MUST put them away so we can "focus on the road ahead". Our future will not come from an APP. We have to get out and be thankful for the freedoms we have and stand up for them!!!
 
 


For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don’t use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love.  For the whole law can be summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself. -Galatians 5:13

 
We have freedom now, because Christ made us free.
So stand strong in that freedom. -Galatians 5:1a
 
 
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,
that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. -John 3:16
 


Today I will vote according to what the Holy Spirit has laid on my heart. 
 I urge you to do the same!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment